Our Client is a national government-owned utility company operating under the Ministry of Water and Electrity in Saudi Arabia. Their objectives are to contribute to transforming the Saudi industrial society and elevating the services of the Utility Sector by launching sustainable products and activating partnerships between the public and private sectors.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wire-frames into high quality code;
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs;
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Overall 4+ years of experience as an Android Developer;
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields;
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services;
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices;
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning;
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”;
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks;
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements;
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications;
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization;
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Familiarity with continuous integration;
- Good communication skills, ability to express complex things in an easy to pick up manner;
- Upper-intermediate level of English (written and spoken).