GIS Project Lead Position Overview:
This position requires a GIS Project Leader to manage GIS projects, manage client requirements and manage the GIS team. The candidate has an excellent understanding of Map components, Map Data Base, ESRI ArcGIS, geoprocessing, source data processing, and more.
Will include but not limited to:
- Oversee the team of GIS Analysts, operate in GIS environment, maintenance databases, including data processing, geoprocessing, analysis, report making;
- Use a wide range of software tools for geodata processing including: ESRI ArcGIS, Safe FME;
- Сomplete geospatial projects using analytical skills, creating value added data, perform geoprocessing, and publishing reports and statistics;
- Learn client software and fully understand the capabilities of client solution and to be able to perform operations in a professional and effective manner;
- Work with clients to document and scope requirements for a project and then manage the implementation and delivery of the work in coordination with the GIS team;
- Estimate projects and work with the GIS team to deliver them.
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Education in Computer Science with GIS focus, additional education in GIS is an asset;
- 2-3 years of related experience in complex GIS projects and/or tasks;
- Strong focus on client interaction and development of Business Requirements and.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, ArcMap, Geodatabases, and other ESRI products;
- Extensive geodatabase experience, analytical experience and working with geospatial data in various capacities;
- Experience developing and maintaining quality assurance and quality control procedures for geospatial data and business processes – includes developing appropriate documentation;
- Experience with Safe FME or similar ETL would be a plus;
- Experience in training and educating customers using customized applications;
- Ability to develop proficiency with a wide range of sophisticated software tool;
- Ability to work within a team, often under tight deadlines;
- Strong organization skills;
- Upper-intermediate English level.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and the ability to work well with others in an office environment;
- Must have solid communication skills, able to provide executive summaries, write detailed reports, clearly communicate metrics, and takes a proactive approach to keeping management informed;
- Must have analytical ability to assess the business and technology to help drive the organization forward;
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload;
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, stay focused and deliver exceptional solution.